Friday, May 13, 2011

Finals

I was lucky and was able to move all of my finals early.  Since all of my classes are pass/fail here I was not terribly concerned about my finals, but I still had a bunch of tests the last week. Two in Mandarin, one in Microbiology, a report for Microbiology, a report for Sociology, and a Sociology test. I made it through all of them and on Friday I was done with the education part of Hong Kong forever. Getting through all the tests was made easier because I knew that at the end of the week I was leaving for Thailand!

Overall, my classes at HKUST we pretty good. With the exception of Microbiology Lab they were all educational and worthwhile. I enjoyed my Chinese Political History class the most, it taught me a lot of about Chinese society, although since it was taught by someone who was educated at Stanford that lives in Hong Kong, it wasn’t exactly from a Chinese perspective. I wish I had put a little more time into Mandarin, but I got busy with other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment